OnPath Credit Union
COVID-19 ONPATH UPDATE
Keeping You Safe : Important Notice to Our Members
As we continue to work together during these unprecedented and uncertain times, we remain focused on your safety and well being. To ensure we maintain a safe space for our valued members and our staff, we have implemented changes to our normal operations.
We understand and respect your choice not to wear facial masks or coverings when entering public spaces. At this time we will continue to follow our local guidelines and ordinances and require everyone entering the branch to wear a face mask. Any visitor not adhering to this requirement will be required to use remote services including: drive ups, ATMs, telephone banking, mobile and/or online banking. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
In addition, we will continue to limit the number of individuals allowed into branches according to state and local regulations. Please allow a distance of 6 feet from you and other parties. There will be 6 feet markers and signage throughout the branch as well as plexi glass shields located at the teller counters.
We have enhanced our cleaning procedures and will be sanitizing frequently used areas. There will be hand sanitizer available for all members and staff to use.
We appreciate your understanding as we take the necessary precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
Other Ways to Bank with Us
During this time please take advantage of the following ATMs to make CHECK and CASH deposits:
3875 General De Gaulle Dr.
New Orleans, LA 70114
Harahan - Main Office
5508 Citrus Blvd.
Harahan, LA 70123
Lapalco Blvd. in Harvey
1536 Lapalco Blvd.
Harvey, LA 70058
Mid-City, New Orleans
411 N Carrollton Ave. Ste. 3
New Orleans, LA 70119
1554 Westbank Expy.
Westwego, LA 70094
Applying for Loans or Opening Accounts
Take advantage of our online application portal which will allow you to apply for loans or open accounts remotely.
Apply for a Loan Open an Account
- Be suspicious of any email / text message / phone call with urgent requests for personal financial information.
- Don’t use the links in an email / text message to get to any web page, if you suspect the message might not be authentic.
- Don't use the contact information in a suspect phone call requesting information - instead initiate the call yourself using known contact information.
- Avoid filling out forms in email messages that ask for personal financial information.
- Always ensure that you’re using a secure web site when submitting credit card or other sensitive information via your Web browser.
- Regularly log into your online accounts and check your financial, credit and debit card statements to ensure that all transactions are legitimate.